Garlic have been used for ages in many countries, the vegetable is low in calories which are flavourful and also contains amazing health benefits. We all love the aroma of roasted garlic that crosses our nose; it makes us feel hungry and stimulates our taste buds. It can instantly make the dish tasty by adding few cloves. Garlic has been used continuously till date because of its health benefits and definitely its flavour and the best part it you can have them in its raw form too.
Garlic comes from the family of onion and they both have more or less the same flavour. The demand for garlic has been constantly increasing as we get to know more about them and the health benefits they provide to us.
Here are amazing health benefits of garlic and different ways to use garlic.
1. Treats Acne – You may not find garlic in most acne free products but it actually cures acne in very short time. It is high in antioxidants that kill germs in your skin. You can rub a garlic clove on your affected area and leave it for few minutes, do not leave it overnight you might have a burn mark. After few minutes wash the affected area with water and you will find the difference.
2. Helps for hair growth – Garlic has high level of allicin which is a sulphur component that is also present in onion. This sulphur compound helps in hair growth and they are recommended widely. Take garlic and rub on your scalp and leave it for a while, then rinse your hair with mild shampoo. You can also take the garlic juice and mix it with your oil and massage your whole scalp with it and give it a good wash.
3. Treats Cold and Flu – As we all know garlic is packed with antioxidants, if we use garlic regularly in our food our body immunity is improved. If you are suffering from severe cold you can add some garlic to hot water and allow it to sit for few minutes and then take off the garlic and a teaspoon of honey, mix them well and drink it. You will feel refreshed and your cold also comes down.
4. Purifies your blood – Garlic acts as a good blood purifier as it can improve your immune system by cleansing your whole body. You can also have a flawless skin if your blood is purified. Eat 2 – 3 garlic cloves early in the morning and drink a glass of lukewarm water.
5. Helps to reduce weight – The strong flavour of garlic stimulates the brain and reduces hunger. It reduces the appetite and increases the brain sensitivity to leptin (a hormone that produces fat cells). Early in the morning squeeze half a lemon into a half filled luke warm water. Add 3 cloves of garlic to it and drink it early in the morning, you will see changes in 2 weeks.
6. Treats your foot – We all face problems with our foot, it has cracks and sometimes we even face bacterial infection. In order to prevent your foot from all of this 2 time in a week immerse your leg into hot water and crush few garlic in them, leave your foot for about half an hour and wash them with running water. Repeat this for few weeks and you will find changes.
7. Prevents heart disease – If you make a practice of consuming garlic every day then you will find changes in your cholesterol level as well. Not only your cholesterol is controlled your blood pressure and blood sugar is also controlled. When all of these are controlled risk for heart disease is low and you can stay healthy.
8. Cures Toothache – Garlic is rich in antibacterial and analgesic properties that can cure your toothache. Simple put some crushed garlic on the affected teeth and leave it for a while, you might tend to feel a burning sensation in your gums be careful with them.