Gas leak engulfs house in fire, alert neighbours avert major disaster

A major disaster was averted in the city, thanks to the alert public and timely action by the fire fighters as a house was engulfed in fire due to gas leakage from the cylinders.

The house situated near a bus stop in Kumbarakoppalu, here, partially got burnt. The residents of the house, Thayamma and Adarsh, were out of station when the incident occurred. The reason for gas leakage is yet to be ascertained.

The neighbours who saw heavy smoke billowing out from the locked house, immediately informed the Saraswathipuram fire brigade station personnel who arrived at the spot and doused the fire. Later, the gas leakage was also sealed off by the fire brigade officers.

Metagalli Police have registered a complaint. Investigations are on.

Simple Share Buttons