A Daily News Roundup as it happens, how it happens and where it happens.
- Cauvery water row : Farmers threaten to intensify protest
Upset over the release of water to Tamil Nadu and stoppage of water to irrigation canals, farmers continued their protest and locked the office room of District In-charge Minister Dr H C Mahadevappa at Command area development authority (CADA) premises on Wednesday.
- A 100-foot statue of Mahadeshwara to be erected at MM hills soon
District In-charge Minister H S Mahadeva Prasad on Tuesday said that the statue will be installed in the 43-acre land falling under revenue department atop the hill. “Residents in the vicinity will be relocated and an alternate land will be sanctioned to them,” he said.
- No water scarcity in Kabini canal this time
“Kabini dam has 2,276 ft water-level this time. People of this region have been already informed to grow grains that are grown with limited water said Junior Engineer of Kaveri Neeravari Nigam, Ramakrishna.
- Yaduveer inaugurates free medical check-up camp at Palace
Scion of Mysuru Royal family, Yaduveer Krishnadattha Chamaraja Wadiyar inaugurated the free medical check-up camp ‘Healthy life – way of life’ by the Med App in collaboration with JSS Ayurvedic and Allopathic Hospital for the staff of Mysuru Palace Board.
- Mysuru-based photographer wins Best Nature Picture Award
Mysuru-based wildlife photographer Dr Tippeswamy’s nature picture titled ‘Short toed snake eagle feeding snake’ has been selected and awarded as the best nature picture of the year 2015 judged in August 2016 by the photography Society of America (PSA).
- Court to hear Rangappa’s bail plea today
- Workshop on soft skills held at JSSCW
Young India Mysore Chapter Chairperson Ramya Bopanna on Wednesday called upon the youth to grab the opportunities for their development as well as that of the nation.
- ‘Udaatha Initiative’ and Zumbathon 2016 launched
Under this initiative, it is intended to organise several organ donation awareness camps to instil awareness and educate the people of all ages about the need of organ donation.
- A talk on ‘Message of Bhagavad Gita’ held at NIEIT
- Inter-school rhymes reciting competition held at Maharshi School
- Slush field sports held for Karavali natives in Mysuru
Residents of Mysuru from Karavali region participated in games including running race (primary and high school students), volleyball, kabaddi (for men), throw ball (for women ), tug of war ( for both men and women ) and brisk walking (for senior citizens) organised by Karavali Samskruthika Chavadi , Hootagalli, Mysuru, recently.