- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp active yeast
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the stuffing
- 1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 to 3 tbsp pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese as required
- Oregano as required
- Chilli flakes as needed
- To begin making the Pizza Pinwheels, take warm water, oil, sugar and salt. Add yeast to it and whisk it well. Set it aside.
- Sieve wheat flour and maida in a mixing bowl. Now add the flour mixture to the yeast solution.
- Mix well and knead it to a soft pliable dough. Set aside to rest in a warm place for atleast an hour.
- Dust your kitchen surface and roll it to slightly thick long rectangle shape. Add pizza sauce and sprinkle oregano.
- Then sprinkle onion, tomato, olive, capsicum and grated cheese.
- Roll it tightly to a log. Cling wrap it and refrigerate it for 10 minutes so that the dough becomes stiff and you can cut them easily.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10 minutes. Brush the pizza roll with little oil and then brush it with oil and cut into slightly thick slices.
- Line the baking tray with silver foil/butter paper. Arrange the pizza slices, sprinkle cheese, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Serve Pizza Pinwheels as a starter.