- 1 cup apple, grated/finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter
- 2-1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup mawa/khoya, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dry fruits, chopped
- Kesar, a pinch soaked in 1 tablespoon warm milk
- 1 teaspoon kewra essence
- To begin with Apple Mawa Kheer, firstly wash the apples and grate them using grater with big holes or you can chop them very finely.
- Add ghee in a wide pan and when its slightly hot add the chopped apples and fry them on medium flame till fragrant.
- Let it cool down and then grind them with 1/4 cup milk to a coarse paste.
- In the same pan, add milk and let it boil. Make sure it does not get burned.
- Add sugar and khoya/mawa to it and let it get mixed well cooked. When milk start to thicken, add dry fruits chopped.
- Scrape through the sides of the pan when mixing the contents. Add the ground apple paste and mix everything properly.
- When it is slightly thick, add kesar and kewra essence. Mix once and switch off the gas.
- Refrigerate this kheer and serve chilled topped with sliced pistachios.
- Serve Apple Mawa Kheer as a dessert to your friends and family this holi.