- 100 grams all-purpose flour or cake flour or gluten free flour
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 50 grams sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 100 gramdark compound chocolate
- 25 gram butter
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 20 ml coconut milk (vegan) or milk
- few coarsely ground roasted almonds
- 2 tablespoon custard powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 80 ml coconut milk (vegan) or milk
- To prepare baking Boston Cream Cupcake, start by making a dry mix by sieving the flour, baking powder, soda and salt, to make sure all ingredients are mixed well.
- Cream together butter, sugar, oil and milk (20ml). To make it vegan, add coconut milk instead of milk.
- Add the wet mixture of cream to the flour and other mixed dry ingredients. Pour little by little and slowly fold till you have a lump-free mix.
- Pour the batter into Cupcake moulds and bake in a Oven at 170 degrees Celsius for 8 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack before filling the custard and glazing.
- Now for the custard, just mix in the custard powder and milk and bring to a boil. Let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler, add dark chocolate compound with about a teaspoon of oil and a pinch of salt till the chocolate looks perfectly melted. Make sure no water from the double boiler goes to the chocolate.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, slice them into half or you can also core them and fill with the custard with the help of a piping bag.
- Let the custard stuffed cupcakes rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before proceeding to the next step.
- After half hour or more, glaze the cupcakes by dripping the chocolate we prepared and sprinkle some almonds, coarsely ground, and there the perfect Boston Cream Cupcake is ready.
- Serve Boston Cream Cupcake with Healthy Vegetable Fries Recipe or over a coffee moccafor an interesting evening.