- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Couple of sprigs of basil/ tulsi leaves
- 75 grams puff pastry
- Flour for dusting
- To begin making the Cheese Stuffed Puff Sticks, defrost the puff block and bring it to room temperature.
- Chop the basil leaves finely.
- Cut the bread into thin strips like a French fries size and length
- Take the puff block. Add wheat flour to roll the pastry. Roll the pastry into a thin sheet. You will get about 20, 20cm squares.
- Take an oven tray and place Baking Paper on top of the tray. This is needed to place the Cheese and Bread Stuffed Puff Sticks.
- Brush them with the olive oil and sprinkle chopped basil leaves. Sprinkle the cheese and roll it to make a stick.
- Place the stuffed cheese puff pastry sticks on the oven tray which is covered with Baking Paper sheet.
- Preheat oven to 180 C for 5 minutes. Place the cheese stuffed puff pastry sticks in the oven and bake for 20 minutes turning in between so that all sides are cooked evenly, golden brown and crisp.
- Once done, remove from the oven and serve warm.
- Serve the Cheese Stuffed Puff Sticks as it is or along with Mexican Salsa, Guacamole and a Yogurt dip as an appetizer for parties.