- 6 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sweet corn, boiled
- 1 small capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or any dried/fresh herbs of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Salt to taste
- To begin making the Cheesy corn and onion toast recipe, toast the whole wheat bread using a toaster, cut it into triangles and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan, add the finely chopped onion, sauté till it turns transparent.
- Add the boiled sweet corn, give it a good stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the dried thyme or any herbs of your choice, season with salt and pepper, mix and switch off the flame.
- Now take each brown bread triangle, fill it with the corn and onion mix, load it up with the chopped mozzarella cheese cubes, place a slice of capsicum on top. Likewise prepare the rest of the slices.
- Place the slices in a microwave oven proof dish and cook it for 2 minutes on high, or until the cheese is fully melted on top.
- Serve Cheesy corn and onion toast with Papaya Banana Smoothie for a healthy and delicious breakfast.