- 100 grams butter, melted
- 100 grams castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 180 grams flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 red Chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup strawberry compote
- To begin making the chilli chocolate cake recipe, pre-heat the oven to 180 C. Grease and dust a spring foam pan or a baking dish of your choice. Keep aside.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder together and keep aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl; beat in the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add in one egg at a time and then beat until soft, airy and fluffy.
- Next add in the flour mixture and the chillies and fold well until well combined.
- For the spice, I’ve used a mild chilli and that’s why ended up using more than half of it. You can decide what amount you want to use depending on how hot your chilli is.
- Now, pour the entire chilli chocolate cake batter into the greased baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 180 C. Check if the cake is crispy on top and gooey in the middle. The gooey centre makes the cake delicious when served hot.
- Once done, remove from the oven, and serve hot.
- The Chilli Chocolate Cake can be enjoyed as a perfect evening snack or even a delectable after-dinner dessert along with a strawberry compote.