- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar(reduce sugar quantity if your coconut is sweetened)
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 6 slices of bread (best use French bread)
- maple syrup, chocolate syrup, mangoes, strawberries, for serving
- To begin with the Coconut French Toast with Chocolate Chips Recipe, in a bowl whisk eggs, milk and cream well until frothy. Add vanilla extract, nutmeg powder, sugar and salt whisk again. Cover and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan. Dip the bread slice in the custard mix and remove immediately. Gently press the excess liquid. Coat it with shredded coconut on both sides.
- Cook the slices of bread until golden brown on one side and then turn and cook the other side. Repeat for rest of the slices.
- Serve this coconut French toast with choco chip and any fresh fruit of your choice immediately.