Prime News, Nation, (Thiruvananthapuram), February 3:-Kerala today confirmed the third case of coronavirus even as India issued a fresh travel advisory to China. Two more cases were reported from the state earlier and the patients are currently stable and in isolation. The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare issued a fresh travel advisory on Monday urging people to refrain from visiting China.
“Travel Advisory further revised informing the public to refrain from travel to China and that anyone with travel history in China since January 15, 2020 and from now on could be quarantined,” said the statement released by the ministry here.
The statement also said, “e-Visa facility for Chinese passport holders has been temporarily suspended.”
The ministry informed that e-Visa already issued to Chinese nationals was not valid temporarily. “The facility for submitting the application online for the physical visa from China is suspended,” the ministry said.
It also advised to contact the Indian embassy in Beijing or consulate in Shanghai or Guangzhou in case of people having compelling reasons to visit India.
Earlier on Sunday, the Ministry had informed that apart from China, people coming from Singapore and Thailand were also screened at the airports.
The death toll in China’s coronavirus epidemic soared to 361 with 57 deaths on Sunday alone while the number of confirmed cases climbed to 17,205, Chinese health officials announced on Monday.
China’s National Health Commission in its daily report on Monday said that 2,829 new cases of coronavirus were reported nationwide on February 2, taking the total number of infection to 17,205.
The death toll rose to 361 with 57 deaths reported on Sunday, state-run Xinhua quoted the commission’s report as saying.
Among Sunday’s deaths, 56 were reported from Hubei Province, the epicentre of the virus outbreak, and one from southwest China’s Chongqing, the commission said. Total 5,173 new suspected cases were reported on Sunday, it said.
The overall confirmed cases on the Chinese mainland reached 17,205 by the end of Sunday. Also on Sunday, 186 patients became seriously ill, and 147 people were discharged from hospital after recovery.
The commission said 2,296 patients remained in severe condition and 21,558 people were suspected of being infected with the virus. A total of 475 people had been discharged from hospital after recovery.
Meanwhile, China is set to open a 1000-bed makeshift hospital built in record 10 days at Wuhan, the epicentre of the virus outbreak in central China’s Hubei Province.
Huoshenshan (Fire God Mountain) Hospital was delivered on Sunday in Wuhan. It is dedicated to treating patients infected with the virus, Xinhua reported.
Another 2,300-bed makeshift hospital would be opened on Wednesday adjacent to it, the official media reported.
A total of 1,400 medical staff from the armed forces is tasked with treating patients in Huoshenshan Hospital starting from Monday, Xinhua reported.
In India, meanwhile, West Bengal identified eight people who had travelled with the infected Kerala resident. Kerala reported two cases of coronavirus.
The West Bengal Health Department on Sunday traced eight passengers who had travelled in the same flight as that of the coronavirus-affected Kerala resident and landed at the airport here on January 23, a senior official said.
These passengers were seated in the two rows in front and behind the Kerala resident’s seat, he said.
While two passengers, who had landed at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport on January 23, were identified as residents of Asansol and Odisha, details of the other six were also traced on Sunday, West Bengal Director of Health Services Ajay Kumar Chakraborty said.
Three passengers of that flight, who were sitting either in the front or the back four seats of the coronavirus affected-Kerala man, were identified as Chinese nationals, he said.
One of the passengers was from New Delhi, while two others were from West Bengal, he added.
-(NAV, Inputs: Agencies)