Mysuru, May 11:- Major tourist attraction of Mysuru, the Mysuru palace witnessed a moment of shock as the ticket counter at one of the gates of the palace caught fire on Friday morning.
Thick smoke started belching out from the ticket counter at the Varaha Gate of the palace this morning. The entire ticket counter including the documents were burnt down.
The visitors who observed the fire, called the fire fire brigade personnel and they rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire.
The incident took place as the battery of an ATM near the counter burst. The ATM was filled with Rs 5 lakh on Thursday and all the money that remained in the machine were also burnt to ashes.
PalaceACP Shylendra and officials visited the spot. A complaint has been registered at Devaraja Police Station.This is the second incident of fire break out in the history of Mysuru Palace. (KS, NGB)