InternationalNational

First ever ‘2+2 dialogue’ between US and India on September 6

Prime News, National (New Delhi), July 20:- The first-ever talks ‘two-plus-two dialogue’ between India and the US will be held in the national capital on September 6, confirmed the US State Department on Friday.

“The United States is pleased to announce that the inaugural US-India ‘2+2 dialogue’ will be held in New Delhi, India, on September 6,” State Department Spokesperson Heather Nauert said in a statement.

Last week, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had said at a press conference the inaugural dialogue between the two nations will be held in September.

“The 2+2 dialogue with the US is to happen in the first week of September. The agenda will be to develop and strengthen strategic defence cooperation and to follow-on with what had transpired during the meeting with US Defence Secretary Jim Matti”,” Sitharaman told reporters.

The dialogue was initially supposed to take place this month but was later deferred by the US due to “unavoidable reasons”. (MR, Inputs: Agencies).

Leave a Reply

comments

Tags

Related Articles

error: