Gas leak leaves children with severe breathing problems

NEW DELHI, May 6:- Over 200 students on Saturday were admitted to four hospitals after harmful gas leaked from a container truck parked near a school in Delhi’s Tughlaqabad area.

The incident occurred near the Rani Jhansi Girls School in Pul Prahladpur, Tughlaqabad.

Speaking to ANI, Deputy Chief Fire Office Rajesh Pawar said, “A chemical leakage at the customs area of Tughlaqabad depot caused irritation in eyes of the female students studying in the Rani Jhansi School, Tughlaqabad. The local police, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), fire, and Centralised Ambulance and Trauma Services (CATS) teams have reached the spot. The students are shifted to nearby hospitals. They are reported normal.”

The principal of the school, Manisha, stated the children had complained of suffocation and irritation in the eyes while they were praying.

“At around 7 a.m. in the morning, during prayer time, the children complained of suffocation and irritation in the eyes. Without any delay, we got the children out from their classes and called the police to investigate. We later sent the children home and those who complained of breathing problem were admitted to three nearby hospitals. The teachers are currently with the students in the hospital,” said principal.

The school authorities confirmed that the students were being taken care of and were out of danger.

Further investigation into the incident is underway. –PR (Source- ANI)


Leave a Reply



Related Articles