Prime News, National, Health, Disease, Vaccine, New Delhi, April 9:- The government has decided to make the precaution dose of COVID-19 vaccines available to above 18 population groups from Sunday (April 10) at private vaccination centres.
The Union Health Ministry said all those who are more than 18 years of age and have completed nine months after the administration of second dose, will be eligible for precaution dose.
The ministry said about 96 percent of all above 15 populations in the country have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose so far, while about 83 percent of above 15 population has received both the doses.
More than two crore 40 lakh precaution doses have also been administered to healthcare workers, frontline workers and above 60 population groups. The ministry said 45 percent of the 12 to 14 years age group have also received the first dose.
The on-going free vaccination programme through government vaccination centres for the first and second dose to the eligible population as well as the precaution dose to healthcare workers, frontline workers and above 60 population will continue. (Inputs: Agencies, NGB)