Mysore

Graft: MCC-level probe against Deena

Mysuru City Corporation (MCC) Commissioner Dr C G Betsur­math will initiate a corpora­tion-level inquiry against the MCC National Urban Liveli­hood Mission (NULM) case worker K K Deena who was arrested by the ACB sleuths while accepting bribe from a diving school owner recently.

Deena, who is in 14-day ju­dicial custody, has been work­ing with the MCC for last four years on contract basis.

In a press meet on Sat­urday, Mayor B L Bhyrappa clarified that the incident had nothing to do with MCC and the act was individual, not involving any MCC official. “Deena is not an MCC official but a contract-based employ­ee. The incident is really dis­appointing but MCC shouldn’t be dragged into this,” he told reporters.

Page 2-2
Mayor B L Bhyrappa speaking to reporters at his office on Saturday.

Bhyrappa said that there were complaints of corruption charges against Deena and she was even warned recently.

He also held people responsi­ble for encouraging such acts by giving bribes in order to get their work done.

“People should not pay a penny if the officials do not issue receipts for the paid amount. Best practice is to pay online,” he appealed to the cit­izens. Bhyrappa added that 90 percent of the MCC workers and officials were honest and the name of the corporation cannot be tarnished for the acts of remaining 10 percent.

Vacant posts

Commenting on the vacant posts in the civic body, Bhy­rappa said that five posts for Assistant Commissioner were vacant since one year and the issue was brought to the notice of the government. “One post of DC Revenue, one post of Council Secretary and one post of Statistic Offi­cer in Deaths and Birth section are vacant and we have com­municated this to the govern­ment,” he said.

Leave a Reply

comments

Tags

Related Articles

error: