Prime News, National (New Delhi), December 4:- Congress on Monday released its manifesto for the upcoming state assembly elections in Gujarat and said its main focus is providing relief and support to farmers in the state.
The party in its manifesto has promised to waive off farmer loans and provide 16 hours of electricity for irrigation.
Following are some of the other highlights:
* Rs 32,000 cr package to provide employment to 25 lakh youth. An allowance of Rs 4000 for unemployed youth.
* End of contract system in government jobs, contract workers to be made parmanant.
* Fast-track courts to deal with crimes against women.
* Laptops and smartphones for college students.
* Petrol and diesel prices in the state to be rolled back by Rs 10 per litre.
* Equal rights for members of Patidar community in education and for jobs.
* No interference in reservation already provided to members of SC, ST and OBC communities.
Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had attacked Congress on numerous fronts and in one of its four rallies, accused it of offering lollipops before elections – only to go back on its promises. “I appeal to the Congress to stick to the truth. The people of Gujarat do not like poll-time lollipops and false promises of the Congress,” he had said in Bhavnagar. (MR, Inputs: Agencies).