Prime News, International and National Sprot, Cricket.New Delhi, May 8:- With the Covid-19 situation leaving the cricketing calendar torn to shreds, questions are being raised regarding India’s Tour Down Under this year. India is scheduled to travel to Australia for a bilateral series this year, but it remains unclear how the cricket calendar will be shaped up once the sport resumes.
Speaking in an interview to the Sydney Morning Herald, the Board of Control for Cricket in India treasurer Arun Dhumal has said that India are willing to take all the protection measures in order to play out the bilateral series.
Dhumal, in the interview, said that India is willing to undergo a quarantine period upon reaching Australia. “There is no choice – everyone will have to do that. You would want to resume the cricket,” he said.
“Two weeks is not that long a lockdown. That would be ideal for any sportsman because when you are in quarantine for such a long period, then going to another country and having a two-week lockdown it would be a good thing to do. We’ll have to see what the norms are post this lockdown,” he added.
Cricket Australia had proposed a five-match Test series earlier this year. While Dhumal did not rule out the idea, he indicated that it would be better to play more limited-overs cricket as it may earn more revenue.
“Once we are sure when cricketing will resume, then only will we be able to make a final call on that,” he said. (Inputs: Agencies, NGB)