- 6 bread slices
- 1/4 cup ghee (for shallow frying)
- 1 recipe of Rabri
- Chopped mixed nuts (almonds, pistachios and cashew for garnish)
- Sugar Syrup
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Few saffron threads
- To begin making the Kesar Shahi Tukda with Rabdi, we will first prepare the sugar syrup for the Shahi Tukda and Rabri.
- Prepare the Rabri according to the Rabri recipe and keep aside.
- Heat water and sugar in pan, add the saffron strands and allow the water to come to a brisk boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer the sugar water until you get a one string consistency. Turn off the heat and keep the sugar syrup aside.
- The next step is to prepare the bread slices and roast them in ghee for the shahi tukda recipe.
- Cut the edges of the bread and slice them into a triangle.
- Heat ghee in a skillet and shallow try the bread pieces until they are crisp and golden brown in colour on both sides.
- Once the bread slices are fried, soak each slice in the sugar syrup for about a minute and place them on a serving platter. Pour the prepared Rabri over the bread slices and garnish with the chopped nuts and serve.
- You can serve the Kesar Shahi Tukda with Rabdi either chilled or warm based on the season and mood.