HeadlinesMysore

Make use of government schemes for quality education: Governor VR Vala

Governor Vala inaugurates Rs 18.5 crore Convocation Hall of KSOU

Mysuru, December 1:- “I am happy that the state government has come forward to provide quality education. Everyone has to make use of these schemes,” said Governor Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala here on Saturday.

He was speaking after inaugurating the newly constructed Convocation auditorium of Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) constructed at a cost of Rs 18.5 crore.

“University Grants Commission (UGC) grants for the university were held up because of the misdeeds of previous vice-chancellors. The varsity lost its accreditation for four years and was forced to shut down. The previous vice-chancellor didn’t even write a letter about the issue.  The present vice-chancellor, Prof D Shivalingaiah is showing a lot of interest and made UGC understand the problems and importance of KSOU. He got the problems solved and got the UGC accreditation back. Around 75% of the problems of the university have been resolved. The remaining 25% will also be solved in due course. Students need not worry about anything. The VC has been visiting my office regularly and is discussing the problem with me.”

“The state government is giving higher emphasis to quality education. Chief minister H D Kumaraswamy is working hard to make sure that everyone gets a quality education. He held a discussion with the vice-chancellors of all the universities a couple of days back. Everyone has to make use of the schemes the government provides,” Vala added.

“Shivalingaiah is the reason behind the reopening of the university. Though he faced a lot of problems as the vice chancellor, he made sure that the university opened again. KSOU gives quality education to the students. Youths are the assets of our nation. Students should bring fame to their motherland and also develop leadership qualities, ” said Higher Education Minister G T Devegowda.

“The University of Mysore (UoM) had no vice-chancellor for two years. Our Governor discussed with the Centre about the problem. He also decided to appoint vice-chancellor for UoM. Nalvadi Krishnaraja Wodeyar paved way for higher education in Karnataka and in India,” he added.

Chamaraja Constituency MLA L Nagendra, MLC Sandesh Nagaraj and others were present. (MR/KS)

Leave a Reply

comments

Tags

Related Articles

error: