Mysore

MUDA to take up demolition at Vijayashreepura Layout

Hurting the sentiments of anxious residents of Vijayashreepura, the cabinet meeting refused to take up Vijayashreepura Layout issue for discussion. With this, the demolition of over 250 houses on 23.5 acres of unauthorised layouts have become obvious.

Following requests from residents of the layout, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah in his recent visit to Mysuru had raised hopes, promising to take up the issue in the cabinet meeting. The Advocate General was exploring new options to file petition before the Apex Court saying that MUDA will collect market value for the sites and develop new layout retaining the existing houses.

However, the sources said that the matter did not come up for discussion during the meeting after it was realised that there is no way out. If the cabinet had approved to fie the petition, then there were chances for various unauthorised layouts seeking similar request.

 MUDA officials said that they had already issued notice to the residents and demolition will begin in two or three days. If not, this will be a contempt of court.

 The Supreme Court has given Sept. 15 as the deadline to demolish all illegal houses in Vijayashreepura and if demolition is not completed by Sept. 15, action will be taken against MUDA. 

 The Supreme Court passed the order to clear the encroachment in Vijayashreepura in response to a petition filed by late K.B. Ramachandra Raje Urs, son-in-law of the late Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar.

 The MUDA has issued final eviction notices to around 220 houses and has also undertaken a survey of the entire area and have demarcated the land that belonged to the government and private properties. It also pasted notices on the doors of the locked houses. MUDA has already taken back 15 acres which was given to JSS Mahavidyapeetha.

Leave a Reply

comments

Tags

Related Articles

error: