Mysore

October 31 last day for linking Aadhar no. to ration cards: DC

“All ration card holders should link their Aadhar card numbers to their ration cards by October 31,” said Deputy Commissioner D Randeep.

Addressing the media on Tuesday, he said that the last day for linking the Aadhar card number with ration card is October 31. “People who fail to do it within the due date will not be provided with any facilities by the government. All ration card holders including children are supposed to link their Aadhar card numbers by October end.

“Till date, almost 84% of people have successfully linked their Aadhar card numbers. The remaining 16% are yet to fall in line,” he said.

“People can visit Mysuru One centres, Atalji Janasnehi Kendra, grama panchayats or taluk offices to get their linking done. Fair pay shop keepers should make a list of people who have not yet linked their Aadhar numbers and paste it in front of the shops. This will help in spreading awareness among the public,” he said.

“Some of the private companies are charging money for the distribution of bio coupons. Such companies will be identified and their licences will be cancelled,” he added.

Deputy Director of Food and Civil Supply, K A Rameshwarappa said that by December 15, Mysuru will be declared as a ‘kerosene-free city’. Under the central government’s Ujwala Scheme, all the BPL card holders will be provided gas with subsidy. The BPL card owners should pay a sum of Rs 1,600 for the services. This will stop the usage of kerosene in the city.

Leave a Reply

comments

Tags

Related Articles

error: