New Delhi, November 27:- Another royal wedding looms as England’s Prince Harry and American television actress Meghan Markle have announced they are engaged. The announcement came from Clarence Palace.
The couple met last year, and their relationship was confirmed by Kensington Palace in November after months of speculation, reports said.
The official statement posted on Kensington Palace’s official Twitter handle read, “His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms Meghan Markle. The wedding will take place in spring 2018. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.”
Adding, “His Royal Highness and Ms Markle became engaged in London earlier this month. Prince Harry has informed Her Majesty The Queen and other close members of his family. Prince Harry has also sought and received the blessing of Ms Markle’s parents. The couple will live in Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace.”
Fifth in line to the throne Harry, 33, has been dating the 36-year-old star, who found fame in the US drama ‘Suits,’ since the summer of 2016.
The couple’s 16-month whirlwind romance blossomed when they met through mutual friends in London and the pair have been almost inseparable in recent months, with Markle said to have virtually moved in to Harry’s home at Kensington Palace.
The ‘Suits’ actress was said to be in the process of moving to Kensington Palace amid speculation that Prince Harry could have already proposed.
Markle spoke openly about her relationship for the first time in a Vanity Fair interview in early September.
She noted, “We are a couple. We are in love. I’m sure there will be a time when we will have to come forward and present ourselves and have stories to tell, but I hope what people will understand is that this is our time. This is for us.”
The wedding will be Markle’s second. She was previously married to movie producer Trevor Engelson.
-(NGB, Inputs: Agencies)