For shortcrust pastry
- 125 grams cold butter
- 240 gram all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice/vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves
- 5-6 black olives
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- Preheat Oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly grease a 21cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin or 12 mini tart molds.
- For making the pastry, add butter, flour and salt in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. This will take 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg and lemon juice and process until mixture forms a ball. Turn onto a floured bench and gently knead to bring dough together. Do not over knead as it will result in tough pastry.
- Wrap in cling wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, mix all the ingredients required for filling, and set aside.
- Roll pastry to 2-3mm thickness.
- Use dry flour or baking sheet if it is tough to roll otherwise. Gently ease into prepared tart tin, pressing it into the edges of the tin. Trim the extra sides with a sharp knife and prick the base using a fork.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper over the base and fill with rajma or chana and blind bake pastry for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, remove the beans along with the baking paper and return to the oven for 5 minutes to crisp.
- Fill the base of the blind baked pastry shell with the filling and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve Savory Ricotta Tart Recipe warm as an appetizer orwith Mixed veg pasta for a wholesome dinner.