- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, soaked in water for 7-8 hours ( overnight)
- 2 tablespoon flavouring of choice (Cajun spice mix , Garam masala, mixed herbs or chilli flakes/ powder)
- 2-3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic (or garlic paste)
- Salt to taste
- To begin making the Roasted Chickpeas, first, Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg Celsius.
- Brush some olive oil on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Drain the chickpeas till all the water is removed. Use a kitchen towel to soak off the excess moisture.
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, and salt, in a small bowl
- Toss this together with the chickpeas in a mixing bowl.
- Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake till they just start browning about 20-25 minutes. While they are being baked, stir to mix using a spatula once or twice, to ensure even baking.
- Sprinkle the seasoning and mix so that it evenly coats the chickpeas.
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- Serve on its own or with chopped onions, herbs and lime juice as an evening snack to your kids.