- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup semolina/rava
- 1/4 cup gram flour
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1 cup rose petals (dried)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, coarsely broken
- 3/4 cup butter or ghee, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For Rose Glaze/ Reduction
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup rose petals (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Before we start making Rose Cookies, make sure all the ingredients required are at room temperature.
- Mix together the dry ingredients- flour, semolina, coconut, baking powder and dried rose petals.
- Now, gently add in butter, date syrup, and knead the mix to form crumbly dough, then knead to make a firm cookie dough. Set aside.
- To prepare the glaze or rose reduction, add sugar, rose petals and water in a pan and heat on a low flame till the rose juice gets evenly dissolved and the mixture turns pinkish and turbid. Keep aside to cool.
- Preheat Oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the cookie dough and cut to the round shape with a Cookie cutter. Add and gently press some broken pistachios into each cookie.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet on the baking tray and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or till done.
- Glaze the rose reduction/glaze on your cookies with the help of a basting brush for that shiny layer and texture.
- Serve Rose Cookies during snack time.