HeadlinesKarnatakaMediaMysoreTelevision

Siddaramaiah questions six ministers going to court for gag on media

Prime News, Karnataka, Media, Television, Bengaluru, March 6:- Close on the heels of BJP leader Ramesh Jarkiholi’s ‘sex-for-job’ CD row, six state BJP ministers have approached the court to restrict the media from publishing or telecasting any news against them. The six ministers are Labour Minister Shivaram Hebbar, Agriculture Minister B C Patil, Cooperative Minister S T Somashekar and Health, Family Welfare and Medical Education Minister Dr K Sudhakar.

Reacting to their sudden move, senior Congress leader and former chief minister Siddaramaiah said on Saturday (March 6), “I can’t sympathise with those people who were responsible for the collapse of the coalition government. I have got my own doubts that they are going to the court for a gag on the media, worried about their own CDs. Though I don’t have any details right now, I will talk when I have enough stuff.”

Talking about state politics and its recent developments, Siddaramaiah said, “The common man is feeling ashamed. They have started suspecting every other politician for the present state of affairs. I feel really sad that politics has reached this stage.”

Talking about the state Budget to be presented on March 8, the Congress leader opined, “You can’t expect anything from this government. Neither do they have money for new projects nor they have anything to save the old ones. The financial condition of the state has worsened. I don’t think Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa can give a pro-people Budget. What was promised in the BJP manifesto has not been fulfilled so far. It is always easy to promise, but tough to fulfil it.”

Siddaramaiah said that the people of Karnataka know for sure that they can’t expect anything concrete in the state Budget. “Given the pandemic situation in the last year, there is nothing much you can expect.” (MR)

Leave a Reply

comments

Tags

Related Articles

error: