- 8 cups fresh strawberries, trimmed and halved
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 750 milliliter bottle white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups sparkling water, chilled
- 1 orange, sliced
- To prepare syrup, in a large saucepan combine trimmed and halved strawberries, sugar, and water. Bring just to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Cover; cool to room temperature.
- Press mixture, a little at a time, through a mesh sieve; discard solids (you should have about 3 cups syrup). In a 2-quart pitcher, stir together the syrup, wine, and sliced strawberries. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, stir in the sparkling water. Serve in glasses with orange slices.