CITY TODAY takes you through Yaduveer’s journey from a school boy at Vidyaniketan to being the titular head of the Mysuru royal.
SLICE OF HISTORY
- Yaduveer Gopal Raj Urs (Born on March 24, 1992).
- The only son of Swaroop Anand Gopal Raj Urs and Rajkumari Tripurasundari Devi.
- Consequent to his adoption (on February 23, 2015), he became the son of Sri Srikanta Datta Narasimharaja Wadiyar and Pramoda Devi Wadiyar.
- Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the titular head of the Mysuru royal family on May 28, 2015.
- He has a younger sister Jayathmika Lakshmi, currently studying in England.
- Studied in Vidyaniketan School in Bengaluru up to class 10, and completed his education through class 12 at the Canadian International School, Bengaluru, after which he left for the United States. He obtained his under-graduate degree from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst majoring in Economics and English.
- Has keen interest in music, plays guitar splendidly and is learning to play Saraswathi Veena.
- Swears by the biryani from the Mysore Sports Club
- Yaduveer is the grandson of Princess Gayatri Devi, the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar
- Yaduveer has completed his BA in Economics and English at Boston University in the US
- Enjoys playing tennis and reading books (mainly history, economy and philosophy). He is also a fan of fantasy and spy novels.
- Active on social media, especially Facebook, where he at times interacts with the public.
- Though not a complete fitness freak, loves running.
- Loves travelling.
- Wanted to be a consultant if not a King.
- He is the first one to ascend the throne with an educational background abroad.
- His degree in economics and finance may become useful in managing the royal family’s affairs better, it is said.
- Firm believer of Indian traditions and customs.
Images taken from Yaduveer’s Facebook page, City Today archives.