- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- cocoa powder and mint for serving
- To begin making the Vanilla Panna Cotta Recipe; soak gelatin in cold water and keep it aside for about 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can even follow the instructions on the packet.
- Next, stir together all the remaining ingredients in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring them to a boil, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves completely. Set aside the milk mixture until it cools down.
- Once the milk mixture is cooled, stir in the gelatin mixture. Whisk well until all the ingredients including the gelatin gets well combined.
- Pour the Vanilla Panna Cotta into individual ramekins or small glasses or dessert cups or a large souffle dish.
- Refrigerate the Vanilla Panna Cotta for at least 6 hours until set completely.
- Once set and you are ready to serve, invert the Vanilla Panna Cotta into dessert platters. Dust the cocoa powder using a sieve and garnish with mint and serve.