Mysuru Palace is all geared up to host a royal wedding after nearly four decades and the citizens of Mysuru are excited to witness this historical royal wedding.
Mysuru Palace had hosted the wedding of Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wadiyar and Pramoda Devi four decades back. The palace premises is buzzing with activities what with Mysore royal family prince Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar all set to marryh Trishika Singh of Dungarpur Royal family on June 27. The marriage rituals have will commence in the evening and the chappara has been erected in front of Mysuru Palace.
On June 25, various ritu als of the family will be started after Padapooja is offered to Parakala Mutt Swamiji. On June 26, other royal customs will be observed and the wedding will be held on June 27 between 9.05 am and 9.35 am at the Kalyan Mantap during the auspicious Karkataka lagna and savitra muhurat.The wedding ceremony will be carried out in the presence of over 500 close guests of the family including a few WIPs. The family members of the Trishika Kumari singh have already arrived in the city.
TRISHIKA KUMARI ARRIVES IN CITY
Mysuru Palace: With just two days for the solemnisation of marriage between the scion of Mysuru royal family Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar, the adopted son of Pramoda Devi Wadiyar with Trishika Kumari of the royal family of Rajkot, hectic preparations are on inside the palace. On Friday Trishika Kumari arrived in the city along with her family members and are staying at the Raddison Blu Hotel on M G Road. Over 80 rooms have been booked for the entire family. Rooms have also been booked at JP Fortune Palace and Sandesh The Prince.
PROCESSION AND SPECIAL ILLUMINATION
Yaduveer’s wedding procession will take place within the Mysore Palace premises and the couple would be driven around the palace in a car. The palace will be specially illuminated for the wedding and reception ceremony and the procession would be carried out on June 29, two days after the wedding. Mysuru Palace will be closed to tourists for six days, beginning Saturday.
- Friday 9 am to 10 am Mangala Dravya Puja was offered at Lakshmiramana temple on the palace campus. This “mangala puja” is performed before auspicious ceremonies. 10 to 15 married women perform the puja.
- On Friday evening customs and rituals begin as part of the family ceremonies.
- On Saturday morning, paada puja to ‘Rajaguru’ Bramhatantra Parakala mutt seer Abhinava Vageesha Brahmatantra Swatantra Swami.
- Members of Ursu community from far flung areas have started arriving in the city for the grand wedding.
- More than 80 rooms have been booked in Hotel Radisson Blu on M G Road where bride Trishika Kumari and family members are staying.
- Palace closed for public entry.